Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Things First On a Friday.

Going to a wedding tonight. Unfortunately my dress was bought to stop Cousin Emma from telling me to try on everything in sight, and holds all the appeal that you might imagine. Also, I ordered some cute earrings, ring and hair clips on Etsy, but they haven't shown up yet. That's what I get for ordering things from Tasmania I guess.

Oh yeah, and I just went for a haircut, and was completely bullied. First off, she ripped into me for not explaining what I wanted in proper 'hairdresser' terms - I brought a picture, what more could I do?? She actually said, 'I've dealt with Japanese students before, so I can work out what you want, but most people wouldn't take the time.' Then she chose a magazine and flung it in my lap, and proceeded to cut the kind of fringe that you normally go to the hairdresser to have fixed, when a friend tries to do it for you! How do I always end up in these places?

Anyhoo, here are a couple of dishes from this week. First up, a pumpkin and sweet potato risotto that I was quite pleased with but which The Murph took one spoon of and regurgitated into his hand. Some days I think I should just do beans on toast.

Then there was a chicken casserole which started as Donna Hay's Chicken Leek and Mushroom Pie. I didn't have any puff pastry though, so dredged the chicken in seasoned flour to thicken things up a bit, and dropped in some small pieces of baby potatoes to make it a bit more substantial.


Now I'm off to make a cottage lasagne for the Murph and Dad to eat while we're out.

Bertie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog