Thursday, June 4, 2009

First Things First On a Friday.

Okay, it's been awhile, but I've been trying to find time to work out how to use mucho pics in minimo space.

I haven't found time for that, or for much else. Although, I have been cooking a fair bit. Jim was laid off a couple of weeks ago, which is kind of grim - I'm trying to stay positive by saying, 'kind of' rather than 'quite', you see. Anyway, I've been baking a lot to keep the home fires burning so to speak, and to keep us all a bit chirpier than we might otherwise be.

There are loads of photos of things I've made to upload, let's just see how I go.

Here's some fennel crumble.


Fennel Crumble


I've got a real thing for fennel right now. It started with a salad made when my pals, the Hazel's were visiting from London. It was really simple, involving lots of fennel, the zest and juice of a lemon, zest of an orange, fennel fronds, toasted pine nuts, olive oil and salt and pepper. And it was THE BUSINESS!

Here's the recipe:

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/1854/fennel-salad-with-citrus-zests-and-toasted-pine-nuts

The crumble was lovely too. Creamy, and with a bit of parmesan crunch on top.

And here are a couple of Autumnal appreciation type pics.

P5080201


P5080160

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog